8th Annual Diversity Conference
"Engaging Community: Creating Change"
Monday, March 17th, 2014
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Festival Conference and Student Center
Schedule of Events:
|8:30 AM - 9:00 AM||Check-in and Morning Refreshments, Grand Ballroom|
|9:10 AM - 9:20 AM||Welcome and Opening Remarks by President Alger, Grand Ballroom|
|9:30 AM - 10:30 AM||Conference Session I, Various Locations|
|10:45 AM - 11:45 AM||Conference Session II, Various Locations|
|11:50 AM - 12:30 PM||Lunch, Grand Ballroom|
|12:30 PM - 1:30 PM||
Keynote Address by Mr. Scott Horton, Director of Diversity & Inclustion at IBM, Grand Ballroom
Recognition of IDEA, DEAP, and WOP Awards will be given out by President Alger
|1:45 PM - 2:45 PM||Conference Session III, Various Locations|
|3:00 PM - 4:00 PM||
Informal Reflection & Refreshments, Grand Ballroom
Dr. David Owusu-Ansah and Mr. Arthur Dean will be available for conversation.
Please visit the JMU Training & Development Site for detailed information on the workshops being offered this year at the 8th Annual Diversity Conference. Review the sessions and make a note of the session number (TD001 for example) and the name of the session for your registration.
To register for sessions, please log into MyMadison, and follow the following instructions:
- Select the "Employee" tab
- Under Employee Training select "Request Training Enrollment"
- Search by date 03/17/2014
- View the sessions listed to find the one you want to register for either by title of or course number
- Select "View Available Sessions" under Session Availability
- The session screen will tell you how many seats are available and/or if there are people on the wait list
- To sign up for this session or be added to the wait list select the course number found in the box labled session.
- Select "ok" to be added to the session or wait list
If you need assistance with registering for any of the sessions or have questions regarding the registration process, please contact Suzanne Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org