Engaging Community: Creating Change
8th Annual Conference on Diversity
JMU Festival Conference & Student Center
Monday, March 17, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Check-in & Morning Refreshments
9:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. Welcome & Opening Remarks: Art Dean & David Owusu-Ansah
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Conference Session I
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Conference Session II
11:50 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch - Grand Ballroom (Register for Lunch TD1800)
12:30 p.m. – 1:35 p.m. Keynote Address - TBD - Grand Ballroom
Recognition of Awards: Innovative Diversity Efforts Award (IDEA), Diversity Enhancement Award Program (DEAP) & Woman of Distinction (WOD)
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Conference Session III
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Wrap Up Reception - Art Dean & David Owusu-Ansah
This year's conference has four (4) thematic tracks including:
- help JMU faculty and staff develop their professional skills related to all forms of diversity
- help JMU faculty and staff address diversity-related issues influencing their careers, professional lives, and work-life balances
- give JMU faculty and staff the opportunity to exchange ideas on diversity-related issues in teaching and other interactions with students
- give JMU faculty and staff the opportunity to present diversity-related scholarship to the JMU community.
Please visit the JMU Training & Development Site for detailed information on the workshops being offered this year at http://www.jmu.edu/training/development/diversityconfopp2013.shtml Review the sessions and make a note of the session number (TD001 for example) and the name of the session for your registration.
Register for sessions by logging into MyMadison at https://mymadison.jmu.edu/psp/pprd/JMU/CUST/h/?tab=JMU_GUEST_TAB
- Select the "Employee" tab
- Under Employee Training select "Request Training Enrollment"
- Search by date 03/17/2014
- View the sessions listed to find the one you want to register for either by title of or course number
- Select "View Available Sessions" under Session Availability
- The session screen will tell you how many seats are available and/or if there are people on the wait list
- To sign up for this session or be added to the wait list select the course number found in the box labled session.
- Select "ok" to be added to the session or wait list
If you need assistance with registering for any of the sessions or have questions regarding the registration process, please contact Suzanne Vance at email@example.com