The Program of Finance and Business Law strives to prepare students for decision-making roles in an increasingly technological and global environment.
To support its mission, the Program of Finance and Business Law is committed to the following:
- Creating an educational environment that fosters an intellectual curiosity about the functioning of commerce and the facilitating role of finance and business law.
- Using an integrative instructional approach to provide a quality comprehensive educational, cultural and social experience for students.
- Raising expectations and aspirations of students.
- Providing a proper balance between challenge and support in the education process.
- Providing the larger university community with access to the basic principles and applications of finance for essential life cycle decisions through courses designed for non-finance students and through innovative and contemporary curriculums.
Mission statement of James Madison University
We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the leading comprehensive university
Our student-centered community values excellence, integrity and mutual respect