Biology Department - Biosymposium 2014
Twenty-third Annual JMU BioSymposium: April 10th and 11th, 2014
Each spring the Biology Department hosts a celebration of undergraduate research in which students that conducted research over the previous year present their findings through poster or oral presentations. In addition, there is a keynote seminar presented by an invited speaker. This year there will also be graduate student presentations. Please attend as many of the events as possible, ask questions, and help us celebrate undergraduate research in Biology at JMU!
Conservation Challenges, Virginia Solutions
Note: Michael Kim, Long Jarvis's assistant, is available every day from 9-11am to assist students with printing posters.
- Make your poster in powerpoint.
- Using Page setup, make your poster 42” wide. The height may be anything up to 60”.
- Use dark type on a light background. Please DO NOT use a solid color or a picture over the whole background. It is too much for the printer.
- Your title should be 80-85pt
- Subheadings should be 36pt, main text should be 24pt and captions should be 18pt
- View at 33% to tell if your images are going to be large enough for your audience to see.
- Don’t put too much text on your poster
- Save your poster as a PDF for easier printing
- Prepare a 3-5 minute verbal explanation of your poster
- Try to get it printed EARLY!!
More Poster design help (WWW)