Financial Aid and Scholarships for Transfer Students
We have a limited number of scholarships available at JMU to incoming transfer students. Some scholarship opportunities at JMU available to incoming transfer students include:
- Thomas and Karyn Dingledine Scholarships
- ONLY for VCCS transfer students
- Two awards are made annually in the amount equivalent to full in-state tuition for two years at JMU
- Application and recommendations must be postmarked no later than February 1.
- Graduating from a Virginia Community College with a transferable A.A., A.S., or A.A&S. degree by the end of the Spring 2013 semester
- Submitting a Transfer Dingledine Scholarship application - APPLY NOW
- Applying for admission to JMU to begin summer or fall
- Have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.5
- At least 60% of your college credits must be completed from community college
- At the time of application, at least one college-level transferable course must be completed in English, math, lab science, and social science
- The following two scholarships may not be combined: Thomas and Karyn Dingledine Scholarship and the Madison Achievement Scholarship. If you are offered more than one, you may choose the scholarship you wish to accept.
- Centennial Scholars - for students with a high financial need
- The Jack C. Smith Scholarship - for prospective transfer students majoring within our College of Business and graduating from Mountain Empire CC, Virginia Highlands CC, Southwest Virginia CC, or Wytheville CC. Eligible students need only complete the JMU Transfer Application by the appropriate deadline and declare a major within the College of Business.
- Madison Achievement Scholarships – a merit-based scholarship with priority given to students completing their second year of college.