All former and active military personnel interested in attending JMU should contact Levi May, the Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions dedicated to assisting former and active military personnel through the application process.

To receive guidance that is relevant to you, please email Levi ( with the following information:

  • Year of high school graduation:
  • Where did you attend High School [City & State]:
  • High school GPA [a guess is ok at this time]:
  • How long have you served in the military:
  • How long have you served in “Active Duty” status:
  • How many college credits were earned AFTER you graduated from high school?:


Below is some additional information to help get you started:

  1. With regard to using the post-9/11 GI Bill or Education Benefits,  the office on our campus that will be able to help you to navigate that process is the team from Veteran Benefits
  2. ROTC information can be received by contacting the Army ROTC recruiting officer. It is highly advisable that you contact the ROTC program sooner than later with regard to your joining the program.
Levi May

Back to Top