2014 Student Employee of the Year
The Student Employee of the Year Program
Student Employee of the Year is a program to honor our top James Madison University student employees. Students are nominated from departments all over campus by submitting a nomination packet before the close of business on the deadline date below. The Student Employee of the Year committee evaluates the nominees and decides on a winner. The committee is made up of professional staff members from the Student Work Experience Center, Human Resources, Payroll Services and the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
The student employee of the year winner is announced during National Student Employment Appreciation Week, held April 13-19, 2014. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship award and be invited to attend an awards ceremony with their supervisor, the two runners-up and their supervisors and the nomination committee to recognize their achievements. The recipient of this award will also be submitted for regional recognition and possibly national recognition for their contributions as a student employee.
Eligibility Requirements for Student Employee of the Year
- All students (undergraduate and graduate) currently working in an Institutional Employment or Federal Work-Study position OR RA (Resident Advisors) are eligible for this award.
- The student employee must have worked a minimum of six months part-time during the selection period which is from June 2013 through May 2014.
- Exceptions: Graduate Assistants (GAs), Graduate Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Research Assistants are not eligible for this award.
- Only one nomination letter and packet per nominee will be accepted.
- Complete the JMU Student Employee of the Year Nominee Information Form; and
- Complete the JMU Student Employee of the Year Campus Nomination Form; and
- OPTIONAL but recommended: You may also include a separate letter of nomination that should be attached to your electronic submission. The nomination letter should describe the accomplishments of the nominee which you feel qualifies him/her to be considered for the award of Student Employee Of the Year. Where possible, cite reason(s) for nomination. Please keep the following qualities in mind when writing your letter: reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism, and the uniqueness of the student's contribution to the employer. Make the letter as comprehensive as possible to give your nominee the best chance possible to win this award. Letter must be limited to two pages.
- All nomination packets must be sent electronically to the Student Work Experience Center email at email@example.com by the close of business on Friday, February 21, 2014. No paper submissions will be accepted.
JMU Student Employee of the Year Nomination Packet
All nomination packets must be sent electronically to the Student Work Experience Center email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper submissions will be accepted.
Deadline for Submission: close of Business, Friday, February 21, 2014.