Summer Bridge Program 2013
A Summer Workshop and School-Year Support
Summer Residential Program
Join us from June 23 – July 12 for a three week, all expense paid, residential program (by invitation only) designed for rising freshmen interested in pursuing a STEM related major. Must be accepted to Blue Ridge Community College, Bridgewater College, Eastern Mennonite University or James Madison University. Designed to provide a jump start to college and will allow students to strengthen their math skills prior to starting college, while making connections with students and faculty on all four campuses.
By Participating in the Summer Bridge Program Students will gain:
- A better foundation with mathematical skills needed for future STEM classes
- Transferable credits to your institution for successfully completing the math course.
- A better understanding of what it means to be a STEM student.
- A sense of peace by becoming familiar with your college campus.
- An opportunity to build connections with faculty from all four participating colleges.
- A chance to make new friends who are also studying the sciences.
- A chance to explore the Harrisonburg area.
Students will receive an $800.00 stipend for participating in the three week program (see stipend explanation)
Summer 2012 Bridge Testimonials
Summer 2011 Bridge Testimonials
First Year Experience
The Collaborative Learning Club (CLC) is designed to equip students with skills needed for a successful freshman year. Each campus structures the CLC differently with the goal of integrating students to a college environment and encouraging growth in the student’s STEM discipline. The CLC also includes a stipend.
(*Participation in both the residential program and CLC is required)
Summer Bridge 2013
June 23 – July 12