The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this is the program for you!
This course can provide exceptional benefits because it:
- Reduces company's risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
The blended learning experience combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class. By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- The shared experiences of your instructor and peers along with networking opportunities.
- Interactive case studies designed to make you feel comfortable dealing with HR issues.
- Earning up to 12 professional development credits (PDCs) and a certificate upon completion.
SHRM Essentials Brochure
May 2 - 18, 2016 Mondays/Wednesdays
6 sessions/12 hours
JMU Ice House - Harrisonburg
Course Fee: $549
SHRM Members/JMU Alumni $499