Hillcrest is the home of the Honors Program. Located in the Bluestone area of campus, across from the Carrier Library, Hillcrest houses the Honors Program offices, a reception area and conference room, and the Honors student lounge and computer lab.
Built for JMU's first president, Julian Burruss, and his wife in 1914, Hillcrest served as the home of JMU presidents for more than 60 years. The house was renovated in 1949 and refurbished in 1967. Hillcrest was retired as the president's residence in 1978 and has been the home of the Honors Program since its inception.