Get tested in a confidential and judgment-free environment.
- No symptoms, want STI/STD testing?
- Log-in to MyJMUHealth to schedule appointment for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV and Syphilis testing
- Have symptoms, need STI/STD testing?
- Call 540-568-6178 to schedule an appointment
- Partner has STD/STI?
- Call 540-568-6178 to schedule your appointment
Sexually transmitted disease/infection tests available (price list):
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test - urine or swab
- Herpes test - virus culture from body fluid, call to schedule an appointment
- HIV test - blood test
- Syphilis - blood test
STI/STD test results are confidential and available via MyJMUHealth secure online portal.
Location and entrances
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
General Medicine entrance - located on the second floor of the Student Success Center, services include:
- General Medicine appointments for routine and preventative care
- Allergy Clinic
- International Travel Clinic
- STD/STI Testing
- Women's Health Clinic
Urgent Care entrance - external entrance at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, services include:
- Urgent Care
- Lab Services
- Nutrition Services
- Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Sentara RMH X-Ray Services
Parking, drop-off circle, bus stops and bike racks
Students with a JMU parking pass may park in the Mason Street Parking Deck, located at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Students who do not have a JMU parking pass may call 540-568-6178 for a parking code to use when they have health center appointment.
There is a drop-off circle at the Urgent Care entrance; bus stops are at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way; bike racks are located at the Urgent Care entrance and both Student Success Center entrances.
What to bring
- List of medicines you are currently taking
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee to see a UHC provider. Services such as lab tests, vaccines, allergy injections, and international travel consultations do have fees. Late arrival to appointment, no-show, or less than one-hour cancellation notice will be subject to a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- Declining balance on JACard (usually referred to as FLEX)
- Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card in your name
- Flexible Spending Account Cards (health flex benefits card)
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
The University Health Center strives to make its programs and services as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please let a staff member know if accommodations are needed or if the University Health Center is difficult to access for any reason.