Log-in to MyJMUHealth to make an appointment
The University Health Center has a registered dietitian on staff part-time (9-3:30 Tue-Wed) who provides nutrition education and counseling during the regular school year. There is no charge for this service and no referral needed to schedule an appointment.
A registered dietitian can help with:
- Medical diagnosis with significant nutrition implications including diabetes, food allergies, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, irritable bowel, colitis, hypoglycemia, heart disease, high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Eating disorder
- Weight management (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Nutritional analysis - you want to get feedback on your diet and eat smarter
Where to go
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street. There is a bike rack and a drop off circle drive at the walk-in clinic entrance, bus stops at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and there is limited parking in the Grace Street Parking Deck. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment at the walk-in entrance of the University Health Center, located on the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
What to bring
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee for this service. However, if you receive a lab test or a vaccine, or are late to your appointment, there will be a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- FLEX (bring JACard)
- MasterCard or Visa credit card in your name