How to make your first visit with Nutrition Services:
Log-in to MyJMUHealth
Schedule an appointment
Complete the nutrition questionnaire
Follow-up visits may be scheduled in MyJMUHealth or by calling 540-568-6178 (select option 2).
- Medical diagnosis with significant nutrition implications including diabetes, food allergies, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, irritable bowel, colitis, hypoglycemia, heart disease, high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Eating disorder
- Weight management (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Nutritional analysis - you want to get feedback on your diet and eat smarter
Where to go
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street on the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
For General Medicine, Allergy Clinic, International Travel Clinic, STD/STI Testing and Women's Health Clinic go to the second floor of the Student Success Center (the General Medicine entrance).
For Urgent Care, Dermatology, Lab Services, Nutrition Services, Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Sentara RMH X-Ray Services go to the external entrance of the UHC (the Urgent Care entrance) at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
There is a drop-off circle at the Urgent Care entrance; bus stops are at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way; bike racks are located at the Urgent Care entrance and both Student Success Center entrances. Patients may call 540-568-6178 for a parking code to use in the pay-by-space level (bottom-level) of the Grace Street Parking Deck.
What to bring
- List of medicines you are currently taking
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee to see a UHC provider. Services such as lab tests, vaccines, allergy injections, and international travel consultations do have fees. Late arrival to appointment, no-show, or less than one-hour cancellation notice will be subject to a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- Declining balance on JACard (usually referred to as FLEX)
- Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card in your name
- Flexible Spending Account Cards (health flex benefits card)
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
The University Health Center strives to make its programs and services as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please let a staff member know if accommodations are needed or if the University Health Center is difficult to access for any reason.