We apologize for the inconvenience; however, we are unable to provide nutritional services at this time. There is a probability this will continue through the remainder of the spring semester. Updates will be provided at this site. Thank you for your understanding.
Log-in to MyJMUHealth to make an appointment
The University Health Center has a registered dietitian on staff part-time (9-3:30 Tue-Wed) who provides nutrition education and counseling during the regular school year. There is no charge for this service and no referral needed to schedule an appointment.
A registered dietitian can help with:
- Medical diagnosis with significant nutrition implications including diabetes, food allergies, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, irritable bowel, colitis, hypoglycemia, heart disease, high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Eating disorder
- Weight management (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Nutritional analysis - you want to get feedback on your diet and eat smarter
Where to go
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment at the walk-in entrance of the University Health Center, located on the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
There is a drop off circle drive at the walk-in clinic entrance. There are bus stops at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way. There are bike racks at the walk-in clinic entrance and both Student Success Center entrances. And there is limited parking in the Grace Street Parking Deck.
What to bring
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee for this service. However, if you receive a lab test or a vaccine, or are late to your appointment, there will be a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- FLEX (bring JACard)
- Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card in your name
The University Health Center strives to make its programs and services as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please let a staff member know if assistance is needed or the University Health Center is difficult to access for any reason.