The Department of Engineering is committed to providing a safe and healthy and laboratory environment for it’s faculty, staff, students and visitors. It is our goal to prevent accidents, illness or injuries; to increase safety awareness; and meet safety laws and regulations.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each person in the Department of Engineering
- is responsible for conducting activities that will not endanger himself or herself,
- is expected to be thoroughly familiar with their safety responsibilities
- will strive to follow safety practices at all times,
- will only use lab equipment for which they are properly trained and
- must comply with the applicable requirements set forth in the engineering safety manual.
The following Department of Engineering Manual further outlines safety responsibilities and training requirements to ensure compliance with environmental health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Open: Engineering Faculty Position
- January 28
Steve Gaffney, JMU alum and nationally recognized speaker presents, "Honest Communication: Learn how to become a leader in your career.”
- February 9
Faraday Lecture Series: Dr. Michael Littman presents, “The value of historical re-creation in understanding how we know and what we know.”
- March 9-13
- April 18
Engineering students present a year of good through innovation, research, and design
ISAT/CS and HHS Buildings