The Department of Engineering is committed to providing a safe and healthy and laboratory environment for it’s faculty, staff, students and visitors. It is our goal to prevent accidents, illness or injuries; to increase safety awareness; and meet safety laws and regulations.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each person in the Department of Engineering
- is responsible for conducting activities that will not endanger himself or herself,
- is expected to be thoroughly familiar with their safety responsibilities
- will strive to follow safety practices at all times,
- will only use lab equipment for which they are properly trained and
- must comply with the applicable requirements set forth in the engineering safety manual.
The following Department of Engineering Manual further outlines safety responsibilities and training requirements to ensure compliance with environmental health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- March 21
Engaged Students Conference
Montpelier Room and Foyer
2nd Floor East Campus Dining Hall
- March 26
IEEE Central Virginia Section Meeting
featuring two JMU Engineering project presentations.
- March 28-29
Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair
Virginia Military Institute
- April 11 and 14
Open house for admitted students
- April 24
Faraday Lecture: The Future of 3D Printing
- April 26
Madison Engineering xChange 2014
ISAT/CS – First Floor
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Engineering Mailing List