The Department of Engineering is committed to providing a safe and healthy and laboratory environment for it’s faculty, staff, students and visitors. It is our goal to prevent accidents, illness or injuries; to increase safety awareness; and meet safety laws and regulations.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each person in the Department of Engineering
- is responsible for conducting activities that will not endanger himself or herself,
- is expected to be thoroughly familiar with their safety responsibilities
- will strive to follow safety practices at all times,
- will only use lab equipment for which they are properly trained and
- must comply with the applicable requirements set forth in the engineering safety manual.
The following Department of Engineering Manual further outlines safety responsibilities and training requirements to ensure compliance with environmental health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- April 23
DC-Maryland-VA: Alumni Online Speed Networking
- April 24
Faraday Lecture: The Future of 3D Printing
- April 26
Madison Engineering xChange
ISAT/CS – First Floor
- May 20
Richmond, VA: Alumni Networking Event
- Summer Research Program Opportunity
REU in Biomedical Engineering Simulations, Imaging and Modeling