The Department of Engineering is committed to providing a safe and healthy and laboratory environment for it’s faculty, staff, students and visitors. It is our goal to prevent accidents, illness or injuries; to increase safety awareness; and meet safety laws and regulations.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each person in the Department of Engineering
- is responsible for conducting activities that will not endanger himself or herself,
- is expected to be thoroughly familiar with their safety responsibilities
- will strive to follow safety practices at all times,
- will only use lab equipment for which they are properly trained and
- must comply with the applicable requirements set forth in the engineering safety manual.
The following Department of Engineering Manual further outlines safety responsibilities and training requirements to ensure compliance with environmental health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- November 15 - December 15
2013 Governor's Holiday Hoops Classic
A friendly food drive/donation competition between JMU, Virginia Tech, VCU and Hampton. Donate food items in barrels placed throughout campus.
Open Faculty Position
Assistant Professor of Engineering
- Study Abroad Opportunities
Engineering, ISAT, Geographic Science, and IDLS Summer Study Abroad in Malta