Posters are 48” x 36” in size. Students should use the poster template provided on Blackboard.
Posters should include:
- Roles and Responsibilities of team members to inform faculty which students have been responsible for which aspects
- Planning information potentially including: Mission Statement, Customer Needs, Market Analysis, Functions, Specifications, Constraints, et cetera
- Concept generation, evaluation, and selection potentially including: Alternative designs, Evaluation, Conceptual design, Analysis of designs, Final design
- Embodiment of design potentially including: Modeling performed (Analytical and Physical)
- Testing and Refinement potentially including: alpha and beta prototype, testing and refinement
- Address Sustainabilityin applicable contexts
- Future work and timeline (if continuing to work on this project next term)
- Schedule and location for remote public demonstrations (if applicable).
- Submit your final poster on Blackboard for printing by the dates listed above . Name the file in the following way: 2013_OneWordCapstoneName.pptx and 2013_ OneWordCapstoneName.pdf.
- Students should use the poster template provided.
- Posters will be paid for by the Department of Engineering.
- Students will set up their own posters at an assigned location. (Signage and maps will indicate team locations.)
- Poster board and binder clips will be available on easels. (Please do not use any form of tape to mount your poster to the board.)
- All posters must be set up no later than 10:00 a.m. on April 19th in the flex space on the 3rd floor of Rose Library .
- Please take down your poster by after 5:00 p.m. on April 19th.
- March 21
Engaged Students Conference
Montpelier Room and Foyer
2nd Floor East Campus Dining Hall
- March 26
IEEE Central Virginia Section Meeting
featuring two JMU Engineering project presentations.
- March 28-29
Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair
Virginia Military Institute
- April 11 and 14
Open house for admitted students
- April 24
Faraday Lecture: The Future of 3D Printing
- April 26
Madison Engineering xChange 2014
ISAT/CS – First Floor
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Engineering Mailing List