The Engineering program is accredited by Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. ABET accreditation is a significant achievement for JMU's Engineering program. The accreditation ensures that our program meets high educational quality standards and demonstrates our commitment to the continuous improvement of the quality of our program – both now and in the future.
Accreditation is important to the constituents we serve. It means that:
- Our students are ready to pursue their professional career when they graduate.
- Employers can recruit graduates they know are well prepared.
- The parents can be sure that their time and money are well spent on the education their sons and daughters.
- Licensure, certification, and registration boards know that our graduates are being prepared.
- Graduate schools recognize our graduates as having the skills and attributes required for admission.
- Our institution supports our program and provides the resources needed to sustain it.
Why should you choose an accredited program?
When you choose an accredited program such as JMU's Engineering program, you are choosing wisely. Accreditation assures that Engineering has met educational quality standards set by the engineering profession. To employers, graduate schools, and licensure, certification, and registration boards, graduation from an accredited program signifies adequate preparation for launching a professional career. In fact, many of these groups require graduation from an accredited program as a minimum qualification. ABET accreditation is an important indicator of the program’s commitment to quality and may be a key to your successful professional future.
Accreditation Assures Program Quality and Continuous Improvement
The faculty and students of the Engineering program are committed to the continuous process of self-examination to ensure that we are meeting the highest standards of rigor and relevance in our pursuit of educational excellence.
Program Enrollment and Graduation Data
All enrollment and graduation data can be found on the JMU Office of Institutional Research website.
- Engineering Degrees Conferred
- Engineering Enrollment Data (listed under the College of Integrated Science and Engineering)
May 11 - August 21
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday.
8:00 a.m. - noon on Friday.