Faculty and Staff Computing Quick Start
Information Systems and Applications
- MyMadison - access to your personal and academic information: Academic Center, Employee Center (payroll, leave, training, personal information, emergency notification, etc.), Accounts tab (e-ID password management), Services Tab (JACard balances) and much more
- Microsoft Exchange email – a mailbox and calendar is automatically created for all faculty and staff; distribution groups, resources, shared departmental mailboxes and calendars may be requested, as well as listservs
- Collaboration Tools - variety of tools to enable collaboration for faculty, staff and students
- Information Systems – access to Information Systems, such as Human Resources, Student Administration, Finance, University Advancement and more
- Canvas, JMUTube, MDID, and WordPress - learn more of the Innovation Services offerings for instructional purposes
Accounts, Access and Service Requests
- Electronic ID (e-ID) and Password FAQ – what is an e-ID, frequently asked questions, and more
- Forms – online requests for various computing services
- Network File Storage – request network file storage space; review FAQs, and more
- Web Server - learn more about and request access to publish to the main JMU web (www.jmu.edu) and secureweb servers
- Educ - learn more about and request access to publish to a Linux web server
Computer Hardware and Software
- Hardware - warranty coverage for JMU-owned computers and Dell and Apple personally-owned computers, setup and installation requests, computer purchases and more
- Software - JMU recommended software and a wide range of free downloadable software for personally-owned computers (including Symantec Endpoint anti-virus)
- Security Recommendations – security recommendations and best practices
- StartSafe - preparding a computer for the internet
- Report a Security Violation
- Computer Purchase Program – departmental and personal computer purchase programs
Connecting to the JMU Network
- Computer Registration - online registration is required every 30 days for faculty, staff, and affiliates using computers connected via Ethernet cables on the JMU campus.
- JMU Official Wireless Network – locations, connection guides, and more
- Remote Access – the SSL VPN Service offers a number of ways to connect to the JMU network form off-campus to access restricted on-campus resources (i.e. various library services, network file storage, and more).
Support and Resources
- JMU Information Technology (IT) Help Desk - central point of contact for your computing support questions, issues and needs.
- Computing Labs – General use computing labs, wireless and remote printing, lab reservations and software installation requests, assessment and testing facilities and more
- Attend a Technology-Related Workshop - courses and options to learn more about computing, technology, instructional technology and specific software. The "Computing@JMU" workshop is designed specifically for new employees.
- Technology Coordinators - technology coordinators serve as contacts between your college/department and the department of Information Technology. Check with your college or departmental technology coordinator about your computing problem or question.
- Computing Alerts and Computing News – keep up-to-date with the latest computing outages, information and concerns
- Test Scoring Center - provides scansheet test scoring and reporting services.
- Lynda.jmu.edu - free video tutorials on software, design, and business skills. Learn to use Canvas, SharePoint, Windows, Mac OS, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and more
- JMU Campus Directory - listing of JMU faculty, staff, students and departmental offices