Inserting a photo with a cutline
This tutorial will show you show how to insert an image with a cutline to a news item. However, you can apply this tutorial to other content types such as stories, profiles or tutorials.
When editing your news item, for example, do the following in the WYSIWYG editor.
1. Type “IMAGE” then press Shift Enter (at the same time) and type the text that will be the cutline. Next, press Enter and start typing your article.
2. Highlight the IMAGE and cutline text with your mouse.
3. Select photowithcutline from the Styles drop down menu.
After clicking photowithcutline from the menu, you should see something like the image below where the IMAGE and cutline text appears on the right-side of the screen (initially it will still be highlighted. Please click off of the selection so the highlight disappears):
4. Highlight the cutline text and from the Styles drop down menu, select cutline.
Upon clicking cutline from the Styles menu, you should see something like this on the right side of the screen:
Next, highlight the word IMAGE by double-clicking it and then go to the insert image button in the editor and click it.
5. Select an already uploaded image of appropriate size, fill out the Alternate (Alt) text and click Insert.
After pressing submit, you should see something to this: