There are four main image types used in Cascade.
- User images - these are images of any size that you need to include in your content. These are uploaded by using the New - _ALL - User Image item in the main menu bar.
- Feature images - These images need to be of 5:3 aspect ratio and start off as 1200x720 sized images. Cascade takes these images and creates several smaller copies to be used in regions
like slideshows, cutline photos, and other featured widgets.
- Secondary page feature images - These are used in the top section of secondary pages and need to be 655 pixels wide. You may use Facebook Timeline Cover Photo size images for this purpose and Cascade will automatically resize the images for the top section of the page. 851x314 is the standard starting size for these. You may upload these like User images.
- Profile Image - These are 3:4 aspect ratio images that are used for profile pages. You will need to start with 900x1200 sized images. Cascade takes these images and creates several smaller copies of these to be used as thumbnail versions of profiles, in featured profile widget sections, and in profile / staff listing pages.
Sizes for cutdown images automatically generated by Cascade.
Feature Image - Aspect Ratio = 5:3
- FULL SIZE = 1200x720
- Homepage Feature 716x429
- IMAGE = Extracurricular Tab Feature / Feature image on Secondary = 655x393
- Slideshow = Feature single image = 419x251
- Thumbnail = 172x103
- These 716,655,419,172, are created by the image upload plugin.
Profile Image - Aspect Ratio = 3:4 Portrait
- FULL SIZE = 900 x 1200
- Homepage Feature 716x 955
- IMAGE = 655 x 873
- SlideShow = 419 x 559
- Thumbnail = 172 x 229
A resource for Timeline cover photos is: http://timelinecoverbanner.com