1: Log on to Recruit-A-Duke
All current students receive a Recruit-A-Duke account. Upon receiving your login information via email, you have the ability to find jobs and internships, research and connect with employers, and improve your job and internship searches. If you are unable to locate your login information, click on the Need/Reset Password option on the login screen to receive a new password.
2: Update your profile
After logging in, click on the Profile tab to verify and update your academic and personal profile information. The content on your academic profile can directly impact your ability to apply for positions with specific screening criteria.
3: Upload your resume and other documents
You can upload your resume to Recruit-A-Duke by logging in and selecting the Resumes and Other Documents tab. Other documents you may want to upload would include a cover letter and unofficial transcript.
If the position you are applying for in Recruit-A-Duke requires you to submit an Unofficial Transcript, then follow the instructions below to save an accessible .PDF file format to use for your application.
- Login to MyMadison and go to Student Center > Academics > "Other Academic" pulldown menu > Transcript: View Unofficial.
- Next, click the double arrow icon next to the drop down menu.
- On the following page, click on the green button labeled “go.”
- Once your Unofficial Transcript has finished loading, go to the print option on your internet browser.
- Highlight entire transcript text.
- Change the “Destination” to “Save as PDF.” Click “Save” and choose a save location on your computer. (If you don’t see “Save as PDF” as an option here, you can use an online converter instead, like FreePDFConvert.com.)
4: Sign Up for On-Campus Interviews and Practice Interviews
As a student at JMU, you have automatic rights through your Recruit-A-Duke account to participate in On-Campus Interviews and Practice Interviews. To be successful interviewing with employers on campus, we suggest you refer to the online tutorial (or brief videos below) outlining the steps and expectations for participation. You can schedule interviews through the Schedule Interviews tab at the top of your Recruit-A-Duke home page. Through participating in On-Campus Recruiting (OCR), you are agreeing to JMU’s OCR Policies and Participation Agreement.
Just need a refresher?
If you've already completed the Recruit-a-Duke tutorial, but could use a refresher on the basics, check out these short video clips displaying desktop versions of using RAD:
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiting Services Team at 540-568-7379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.