- SCHOOL OF ART, DESIGN AND ART HISTORY
- Academic Programs
- Resources / Opportunities
- Visit Us (forms)
- Contact Us
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Studio Art
The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree is intended for students interested in pursuing a program of art study that promotes lifelong learning with an emphasis on the humanities. The B.A. in studio art is designed for students who seek a breadth of knowledge in the visual arts and who have an interest or background in the humanities. Students majoring in studio art will:
• Grasp how artworks are created.
• Understand how the visual arts relate to the culture that influences them.
• Gain an overview of the sequences of style and meaning evident in the history of art.
• Improve their ability to articulate their ideas and knowledge about art to others.
• Learn about career opportunities in art and closely related fields.
Jesse Harrod, Studio Art Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Art
M.F.A. The School of the Art Institue of Chicago, B.F.A. Nova Scotia College of Art and Design