- SCHOOL OF ART, DESIGN AND ART HISTORY
- Academic Programs
- Resources / Opportunities
- Visit Us
- Contact Us
- Submit News/Event Item
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Studio Art
The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree is intended for students interested in pursuing a program of art study that promotes lifelong learning with an emphasis on the humanities. The B.A. in studio art is designed for students who seek a breadth of knowledge in the visual arts and who have an interest or background in the humanities. Students majoring in studio art will:
• Grasp how artworks are created.
• Understand how the visual arts relate to the culture that influences them.
• Gain an overview of the sequences of style and meaning evident in the history of art.
• Improve their ability to articulate their ideas and knowledge about art to others.
• Learn about career opportunities in art and closely related fields.