American Shakespeare Center Wins Forbes Center's 2016 Circle of Excellence in the Arts Award
Four Ways to Order Tickets
PHONE: (540) 568-7000
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 am to 5:30 pm
Closed: Saturday and Sunday
All tickets include a processing fee. All dates, repertoire and artists are subject to change. All sales are final; no refunds.
MAIL: James Madison University
Forbes Center for the Performing Arts
Box Office/Season Tickets, MSC 5602
147 Warsaw Avenue
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Forbes Center Box Office
147 Warsaw Avenue
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
From Warsaw Parking Deck: Exit on the ground floor and follow signs to the center. Metered parking is located in the outdoor lot adjacent to the center. Walk east through the West Plaza, through the Wadsworth Breezeway and enter the lobby via the first door on the right.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am to 5:30 pm and 1½ hours prior to performances.
Closed: JMU holidays, weekends and evenings when there are no ticketed performances.
Types of Payment Accepted
The Forbes Center accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. We also accept James Madison University JACcards. We do not accept traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks or money orders.
Ticket buyers can pick up tickets on the day of the show beginning 1½ hours prior to curtain at the Forbes Center Box Office or the Studio Theatre Box Office. The Forbes Center Box Office is just steps away from the Warsaw Parking Deck at the back of the center. For directions to the Forbes Center Box Office, click here. ID is required for ticket pick-up. Tickets that are ordered more than two weeks in advance of a performance will be mailed to the address on file. Ticket orders received less than two weeks prior to a performance will be held for pick-up at the Will Call window.
Ticket buyers can select to print their tickets at home if purchasing online. All print-at-home tickets and regular tickets are scanned at the door for admittance to the venues.
The Forbes Center works with Aramark to provide café fare and beverage service prior to performances and during intermissions for most shows in the Concert Hall and Mainstage Theatre. Items can be purchased with cash or credit card. No outside food or beverages are permitted into the Forbes Center.
Audience and Performance Policies
• All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket for admittance to the venues. No babies in arms.
• Doors to the venues open 30 minutes prior to performance.
• We ask that patrons please consider other audience members when deciding to bring young children to performances. We reserve the right to ask parents to take restless children out of the venue. Specific audience disclaimers are provided for shows where parental and audience discretion is advised. Contact the box office at (540) 568-7000 with questions about this information.
• Repertoire, artists, dates, prices and event times are subject to change. We ask that all patrons provide us with an updated e-mail address so that we can inform them of performance changes or cancellations. Our primary correspondence with ticket buyers is by e-mail.
• All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges on single tickets. Subscribers may exchange tickets up to 24 hours prior to the day of the performance. No back-dated exchanges are accepted.
• Texting, photography, video and audio recording are not allowed.
• The Forbes Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management at an appropriate time in the performance. Video screens are located above the entrance doors so that latecomers can monitor the performance until the late seating break.
• No standing room is allowed in adherence with fire safety regulations. Patrons who need to leave their seat should exit the venue and refrain from disturbing other audience members. Ushers and house management staff will direct you back to your seats at an appropriate seating break.
• If tickets are lost or stolen, please inform the box office immediately at (540) 568-7000 during regular business hours. A replacement pass will be issued at the box office after we have validated the buyer’s identity the day of the performance.
Children's Ticketing Policy
All patrons to the Forbes Center must have a ticket regardless of age. No babies in arms or lap sitting are allowed.
The Forbes Center welcomes children 5 and older to events throughout the year. Children 3 and older are welcome to Forbes Family Fun events and the summer JMU Children’s Theatre shows.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy please contact the box office manager at email@example.com or 540-568-7000.
Groups of 10 or more enjoy discounts up to 15% off single ticket prices. A Forbes Center performance is the perfect outing for church, school and other professional organizations. Specific pricing varies by show and type of group. Click here for more detailed information.
James Madison University students with a valid student ID are eligible to purchase discounted student tickets for select performances at the Forbes Center. Please visit the event portion of the website to determine which shows offer student discounts.
For select music performances (student ensembles, faculty recitals and guest artist performances) in the Concert Hall and Recital Hall, JMU students can purchase discount tickets in person at the Forbes Center Box Office with a JMU student ID. One ticket per ID can be purchased during regular business hours, Monday to Friday from 10 am to 5:30 pm. For Advance tickets — cash, major credit cards, JACcards are accepted. CASH ONLY will be accepted 11Ž2 hours prior to performances for discount ticket purchases. Student ticket prices vary by performance. Please refer to individual events on the website for more information.
For performances in the Mainstage Theatre, Earlynn J. Miller Dance Theatre and Studio Theatre, student ticket prices vary. Please refer to individual events on the website for more information. JMU students can purchase discount tickets in person at the Forbes Center Box Office with a JMU ID. One ticket per ID in person can be purchased during regular business hours Monday to Friday from 10 to 5:30 pm.
Student Rush: For Encore Events, a limited number of discounted-price Student Rush tickets will be made available day of performance on a first-come, first-served basis in person only at the Forbes Center Box Office. These tickets are subject to availability. Check back for updates on availability.