Family WeekendFamily Weekend 2016 dates are not yet set. We will post these dates once the football schedule is confirmed.
Welcome First-Year Families
The Madison Experience is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will shape your student's life and future. As JMU welcomes your sons and daughters, the university extends the same warm invitation to you as parents. To help you find your own place in the Madison Experience and to "follow along" as your child begins this important life transition, the Office of Parent Relations has assembled the Madison Family Handbook to guide you through the next four years. In it you'll find valuable information with which you can coach your student as well as the resources and contacts that you might need. You'll also find tips from other parents who've made this journey before. You, too, are a part of Madison. You, as well as students, the faculty and staff, and alumni....together....enrich your student's total Madison Experience. So welcome to James Madison University.
Madison Family Newsletter
Click on click here to read the most recent edition.
- Oct 13: Economics Speaker Series: Kyle O'Donnell
- Oct 16: Classes End - 1st block
- Oct 16: Shenandoah Valley Regional Studies Seminar
- Oct 18: "With Good Reason" Public Radio Program
- Oct 19: 2nd Block First Day of Classes
- Oct 21: "With Good Reason" Public Radio Program
- Oct 21: Economics Speaker Series: Deirdre McCloskey
- Oct 24: Celebrate Homecoming with CISE
- More >