Smartpen User Information
Students found eligible to use Smartpen assistive technology and Volunteers assisting a fellow classmate(s) with note taking will:
- meet with the Office of Disability Services (ODS) Note Taking & Technology Assistant
- sign a loan agreement for this university owned assistive technology
- be given Gmail account information by the ODS to use for this method of notes exchange.
- obtain a Smartpen (and accessories) and learn about its features
After receiving a Smartpen, students and volunteers should:
- Follow the steps in the Smartpen "Getting Started Guide" to:
- practice using the technology
- install LiveScribe Desktop from www.livescribe.com/install
- register the Smartpen with LiveScribe
- Use the Livescribe On-line Help to learn more about:
- Smartpen features (Review items under the Livescribe Smartpen User Guide section.)
- Transferring notes and/or audio to your computer's desktop (Go to the Livescribe Desktop for Windows (or Mac) User Guide. Select Livescribe Desktop for Windows (or Mac) Basics and then select Running Livescribe Desktop.)
- Volunteers Only - send notes and/or audio to an email account (Go to the Livescribe Connect User Guide. Select Sending Notes and Audio with your Smartpen and then select Sending to Email.)
- Student Note Recipients Only - Share their personal Access Plan (prepared by the ODS) with their faculty member(s).
- Not share the notes with others unless instructed by the ODS and the instructor.
- Contact the Note Taking & Technology Assistant if assistance is needed at any time during the semester.
- Return the Smartpen (and accessories) to the ODS at the end of the semester.