Information for Student Notes Recipients
Blackboard Notes Exchange
The Volunteer Notetaker should have the notes for each lecture uploaded to Blackboard by 5:00pm the day after the class. You may retrieve the notes after this time by following the guidelines listed below.
- Login into Blackboard using the User Name and Password assigned to you by the ODS.
- Select "ODS Notes Exchange org" (under "My Organizations").
- Select "Notes Exchange".
- Select the class for which you are receiving notes.
- Select "File Exchange".
- Right click on the file you are seeking and select "Open".
- Save the file.
Carbonless Notebook Exchange
If the Volunteer Note Taker has chosen to record notes using a carbonless notebook, they will share copies from each class with the Office of Disability Services (ODS) by 5:00 p.m. the next business day. You may stop by the ODS on the second business day following class to pick-up your copy of the notes.
- When you pick up your first set of notes, you will see that the carbonless notebook pages were designed to allow the note taker to utilize the Cornell Note Taking System. The note taker may have followed the Cornell System or used another method of recording notes.
- Pick up copies of the notes at the ODS throughout the semester.
- Both you and the volunteer will remain anonymous in this notes exchange process.
- Please do not share the notes with others in class unless instructed by the ODS and your instructor.
- Please let the ODS know if the volunteer's notes are of poor quality or are not timely and if you no longer need the assistance of a volunteer note taker.