Out of State Tuition


The initial decision on residency will be made by our undergraduate Admissions Office. To be eligible for a military exception, you would need to be assigned a permanent duty station in Virginia (Note: The Pentagon is actually in Virginia.)

Receiving VA Benefits does not automatically qualify a service-member/veteran/dependent for in-state tuition and residency. Please contact the following individuals with questions regarding residency:

  • If you are an incoming student and have questions about the fall semester and domicile, please contact Tammy Senger-Puckett in our Admissions Office at 540-568-5681.
  • If you are a current student and have questions about your initial semester’s domicile or your situation changes, please contact Linda Combs in the Business Office at 540-568-3745 or  Ms. Combs handles all domicile reclassifications.

Published: Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Last Updated: Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Back to Top

Related Articles