Seven Foods that Can Improve Your Mood
- Coconut: Contains medium-chain triglycerides, which have been shown to improve mood and brain health.
- Eggs: The moderate amounts of zinc, vitamin B, iodine, omega-3 fatty acids and protein can give you an energy boost. Plus they keep you feeling full longer!
- Cherry Tomatoes: This tiny fruit carries the antioxidant lycopene, which helps promote brain and bone health.
- Honey: Sweet and delicious...and good for you too! Honey contains kaempferol and quercetin, which are natural anti-inflammatory agents.
- Asparagus: This nutrient-dense vegetable contains folate which can help manage depression. It also contains tryptophan which aids in the production of serotonin, one of your body's mood-stabilizers.
- Greek Yogurt: This type of yogurt contains more calcium than others; and calcium is helpful in managing depression.
- Dark Chocolate: This sweet treat has been shown to improve circulation, boost mood, and improve concentration. It also contains less fat than it's more common cousin, milk chocolate.