The School of Music offers a comprehensive undergraduate program which strives for the highest quality in music performance and academic study. All entering freshmen, transfer students and previously enrolled students seeking re-admission must complete the following to be considered for undergraduate admission to JMU and the School of Music:
- Submit a UNIVERSITY ADMISSION APPLICATION to the JMU Office of Admissions. (See deadlines below)
- To Schedule and Perform an Audition: submit a School of Music UNDERGRADUATE AUDITION APPLICATION and request an audition for one of the audition dates. Applications must be sent online or postmarked by the published deadline dates.
Audition reservations may not be requested over the telephone.
If you choose to submit an application by mail, you may request a hard copy audition application form by calling 540-568-3851.
The entrance audition also serves as the scholarship audition. Transfer students on scholarship at another school will only be considered for an award at James Madison University if the music executive of their current school sends a written release to the director of the School of Music.
For more information, contact:
School of Music, MSC 7301
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- Early Notification Program: November 1, 2013
- Regular Decision: January 15, 2014
- Spring 2014 Admission: October 15, 2013
- Summer 2014 Admission: January 15, 2014
- Fall 2014 Admission: March 1, 2014
- Spring 2014 Term (January - May): October 1, 2013
- Summer 2014 Term (June - July): January 1, 2014
- Fall 2014 Term (August - December): April 1, 2014
Submit your audition application form online or directly to the School of Music.
|ENTRANCE/SCHOLARSHIP DATES||MUST APPLY BY|
|January 25, 2014||January 17, 2014|
|February 8, 2014||January 31, 2014|
|February 17, 2014||February 10, 2014|
The School of Music awards various scholarships to outstanding music majors. Awards are determined on performing ability and availability of funds and are assigned on a one-time basis with renewal possible each school year. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of evaluations at entrance auditions. No special scholarship audition is necessary. A live audition is necessary for scholarship consideration. Awards are determined by a scholarship committee comprised of music faculty members and coordinated with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.