Welcome to James Madison University!
Congratulations for choosing JMU to be your home for the next few years! We hope that you are looking forward to your experience at JMU and that you plan to join the Marching Royal Dukes.
After acceptance to the university, you should receive an e-mail by the end of May from the JMU Admissions Office inviting you to join the Dukes. Included will be important information about our season and a link to our online registration form. If you are interested in joining the band, you simply visit the ONLINE REGISTRATION site, and sign up.
During your summer orientation, please make sure to inform your Academic Adviser of your interest in joining the MRDs, and they will help you sign up for the class, MUAP237 - Section 0001.
CURRENT JMU STUDENTS
If you are a CURRENT JMU STUDENT and would like to join the MRD's, please visit the Prospective Member page.
STUDENTS ATTENDING BRCC, Eastern Mennonite Univ., or Bridgewater College:
If you are attending BRCC, EMU, or BC and want to be a part of the JMU Marching Royal Dukes:
- Complete the online reservation form on the MRD website.
- Contact the JMU Office of Outreach Programs to register with JMU as a "Non-Degree-Seeking Student" - this will enable you to sign up for the class (MUAP237):
- Click "Apply" from the menu on the left side of the page
- Select "I want to take a class at JMU"
- Complete the online application
- After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation.
- After your application is processed, you will receive a follow-up e-mail with details about signing up for the class.
- ALL MRD MEMBERS must be registered for MUAP 237 by the first day of classes, August 29, 2016. Non-Degree-Seeking Students will be able to sign up beginning August 22.