Housing for Transgender Students

Rooming assignments within JMU's student housing system have traditionally been made on the basis of the legal sex of the student. For some members of our community, this has created a dilemma - while their legal sex may be male or female, their gender identity may be different than that which has been legally assigned to them.

If you identify as a transgendered student, and require a special housing accommodation, please contact Kevin Meaney.

Kevin Meaney, Associate Director University Housing
James Madison University
MSC 2401, Huffman Hall A100
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-4663

Each request will be reviewed with a commitment to providing a housing accommodation that best meets the need of the student. Housing options may be limited during the semester due to space availability.

Last Modified September 3, 2010 2:51 PM