Human Performance Laboratory (Godwin 209)
Dr. Michael Saunders
This large laboratory space is utilized as research and instructional space for numerous undergraduate and graduate Kinesiology classes. The lab is well equipped with a variety of physiological testing equipment including the following:
- Two SensorMedics Metabolic Carts
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- DNA extraction equipment and supplies
- Microplate reader
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit analyzer
- Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Muscle Biopsy Supplies and Equipment
- Blood Lactate and Glucose Analyzer
- Monarch cycle ergometers
- Two Velotron road cycling simulators
- Treadmill ergometers
- Computer workstations
- Digital Video Motion Analyzer
- Heart Rate Monitors
- DEXA (for body composition and bone density)
- Motor Learning and Testing
- And much more....
The laboratory has recently expanded to include a location in Room 217, Godwin Hall. This location includes:
- Velotron road cycling simulator
- Metabolic Measurement System
- Blood Lactate/Glucose Analyzer
- Monarch Cycle Ergometers
Crawford Fitness Center (Godwin 116)
The Crawford Fitness Center is named after Dr. Marilyn Crawford, former department head. The center has a full line of Cybex variable resistance machines, stair climbers, rowers, standard and recumbent cycles, a treadmill, cable cross machine, computer workstations and more.
Body Composition Lab (Godwin 120)
Our body composition lab features a hydrostatic weigher, utilized for precise body composition analysis.
Sinclair Gymnasium (Godwin 201 A & B)
Named after Dr. Carolyn Sinclair, this gymnasium has four regulation sized basketball courts, which can also be used for volleyball, badminton, indoor soccer, fencing, martial arts or any number of other activities as seen here.
Named after a former faculty member, the Savage Natatorium provides opportunities for swimming, water polo, scuba and other aquatic activities.
Weight Room (Godwin 218)
The weight room features a variety of plate stacked free weight equipment and several aerobic machines such as Lifecycles.