Board of Visitors Summary of Actions/Discussions
From: Public Affairs
The James Madison University Board of Visitors met Friday, April 13, 2012, in the Board Room of Madisonís Festival Conference and Student Center.
Following is a summary of actions taken by the board and key areas of discussion at the board meeting:
- Approved the January 6, 2012 BOV meeting minutes;
- Received the Presidentís report presented by Dr. Linwood Rose;
- Approved committee reports from Athletics, Audit, Development, Education & Student Life, and Finance & Physical Development;
- Received and approved the Level II Resolution for decentralized authority from the Finance and Physical Development Committee presented by Mr. Charles King, Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance;
- Received a presentation about the Madison Investment Club from Ed Andrews, Sarah Dolson, JP Kril and Dr. Elias Semann, Assistant Professor, Finance;
- Received an update on the General Assembly from Mr. Charles King, Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance;
- Approved the Board Manual Revision presented by Mrs. Donna Harper, Executive Assistant to the President;
- Approved the weapons regulation;
- Approved the purchase of 940 and 944 Port Republic Road;
- Approved a resolution naming the East Campus Library the Rose Library in honor of Dr. & Mrs. Rose.
Was told by President Linwood H. Rose:
- that Jonathan Friedman, a JMU alumnus, produced an award winning ad shown during the 2012 Super Bowl;
- that Wayland Hall has received LEED Platinum certification;
- that the American Association for the Advancement of Science named JMU professor Dr. Judith Dilts a Fellow;
- that JMU professor Dr. Anne Stewart received the SCHEV 2012 Outstanding Faculty award;
- that a JMU senior Miriam Daoud, was named Virginia Nursing Student of the year;
- that four local colleges, including JMU, united for the Walk of Hope;
- that JMUís Samantha Smith was selected the CAA Swimming Coach of the Year;
- that JMUís Rebecca Benson was selected the CAA Diving Coach of the Year;
- that the womenís basketball team played in the WNIT championship.