Membership of the IIHHS Leadership Council includes:
- Director of IIHHS and Associate Dean for CHBS, Rhonda Zingraff, Council Chair
- Coordinator of Clinical and Interprofessional Programs, Emily Akerson
- Coordinator of Children and Youth Services, Kim Hartzler-Weakley
- Coordinator of Community Grants Development, Pat Kennedy
- Co-Directors for the Region 5 T/TAC at JMU, Cheryl Henderson and John McNaught
- Appointed Directors of Clinics, Tim Schulte and Trevor Stokes
The Leadership Council consolidates knowledge of best practices and insights about opportunities for collaborative and/or interprofessional practice and learning opportunities throughout IIHHS. The Council is responsible for stewardship of resources, space and equipment. As a collective, this council embraces a larger network of colleagues across academic units thus advancing goals of the Institute, the College and the University. Council members contribute to grants development through advice, research, suggestions, and participation in proposal preparation as appropriate. Some members of this Council are also members of the Harrisonburg & Rockingham Healthy Community Council, to assure a strong alignment between the identified needs of the community and the programs provided through the Institute.
The Council relies on advice and guidance from the IIHHS Steering Committee and joint meetings with the Steering Committee are scheduled annually. Membership of the IIHHS Steering Committee includes representatives of the Leadership Council to further assure continuity of action and intent.