Dukes Step Up!
Have you ever been concerned about a situation and wanted to help... but didn't?
You're not alone.
This situation is more common than you think, and is known as the bystander effect.
Dukes Step Up! is a bystander intervention program that educates students about a safe, early, and effective way to be proactive in helping others.
The goals of Dukes Step Up! are to:
- Raise awareness of helping behaviors
- Increase motivation to help
- Learn strategies for effective helping
- Develop confidence when responding to problems or concerns
- Ensure the safety and well-being of self and others
For more information about Dukes Step Up!, training other Dukes how to step up, or joining the Dukes Step Up! Coalition, contact email@example.com.