Appointments and MyJMUHealth
To schedule an appointment, call 540-568-6178, or schedule select appointments online with MyJMUHealth. See below for more information.
Not sure if you need an appointment? You have options:
- Check out the Self-Care Guides or the Self-Care Station located in the Pharmacy.
- Call our Telephone Nurse Triage to speak with a Registered Nurse.
Scheduling Appointments Online
Log-in to MyJMUHealth (2-step process) to schedule appointments for:
- Substance Abuse Clinic: BASICS and High Expectations
- Nurse Clinic: Allergy Shots, TB Tests, Emergency Contraception, STI testing - no symptoms present, Travel Clinic
- Nutrition: First-time nutrition visit
- General Medicine:
- General Illness Only - Mondays 8-10 a.m. for sudden illness occurring over the weekend
- GYN/Women's Health - please note that Urinary Tract Infections without other symptoms may be seen in our Urgent Care. Emergency Contraception and STI testing without symptoms should be scheduled through the Nurse Clinic (see above).
Rescheduling and Canceling Appointments
Appointments scheduled over the phone - call 540-568-6178 to reschedule or cancel. Please provide at least a one-hour cancellation notice.
Appointments scheduled online - can be rescheduled or canceled online. Please provide at least a two-hour cancellation notice.
There is a $25 fine for those who are late, do not show or do not provide the required cancellation notice.
Location and entrances
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
General Medicine entrance - located on the second floor of the Student Success Center, services include:
- General Medicine appointments for routine and preventative care
- Allergy Clinic
- International Travel Clinic
- STD/STI Testing
- Women's Health Clinic
Urgent Care entrance - external entrance at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, services include:
- Urgent Care
- Lab Services
- Nutrition Services
- Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Sentara RMH X-Ray Services
Parking, drop-off circle, bus stops and bike racks
Students with a JMU parking pass may park in the Mason Street Parking Deck, located at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Students who do not have a JMU parking pass may call 540-568-6178 for a parking code to use when they have health center appointment.
There is a drop-off circle at the Urgent Care entrance; bus stops are at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way; bike racks are located at the Urgent Care entrance and both Student Success Center entrances.
What to bring
- List of medicines you are currently taking
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee to see a UHC provider. Services such as lab tests, vaccines, allergy injections, and international travel consultations do have fees. Late arrival to appointment, no-show, or less than one-hour cancellation notice will be subject to a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- Declining balance on JACard (usually referred to as FLEX)
- Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card in your name
- Flexible Spending Account Cards (health flex benefits card)
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
What is MyJMUHealth?
A secure online patient portal which gives students the ability to receive secure messages from the University Health Center, schedule appointments for select services and enter their medical and immunization history.