The Vendor Edit Table is an integral part of the University's Financial Information System. The table includes the vendor's name, address, Federal Tax ID Number (FIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) and information for reporting purposes. The Table also includes Employee and Student Employee names.
Use of the table ensures consistent and correct address information for vendor payments and for payments to employees and students. It reduces data input effort required for vendor payments, and provides a consistent means of accumulating vendor payment information.
Accurately maintains the Vendor Edit Table.
• Obtain FIN or SSN when making procurement arrangements.
• Enter FIN or SSN on all completed procurement documents.
• Highlight the Vendors FIN or SSN and submit completed payment packages to the Accounts Payable Office.
• Obtain FIN or SSN while making procurement arrangements with vendors not previously used by the University.
• Include the FIN or SSN and mailing address on procurement documents.
• Contact the Office of Human Resources to update or correct personal information.
Enter appropriate information into the Vendor database on a timely basis to accurately maintain the Vendor Edit Table.
• Enter the vendor's identification number, official name, and payment address when processing payments to vendors, not previously used by JMU.
• Enter the vendor's identification number with each payment transaction processed.
• Obtain Vendor's FIN or SSN when making procurement arrangements.
• Include the Vendor's FIN, SSN and mailing address on all Purchase documents.
Highlights in yellow the vendor's FIN or SSN on the vendor invoice and submits completed payment packages to the Accounts Payable Office.
NOTE: The University has established "satellite" receiving areas for vendor invoices. These are areas, other than the University's Accounts Payable Office, authorized to receive vendor invoices. Currently, the Office of Finance has approved the following satellite areas: Library, WMRA, Facilities Management, Facilities Planning and Construction.
• Obtain the FIN or SSN while making procurement arrangements with vendors not previously used by the University.
• When practical, includes the FIN, SSN and mailing address on purchase documents.
Contacts the Office of Human Resources to update or correct their personal information, to include name, home address, and social security number.