A-to-Z Index

Aid Programs

Grants & Scholarships

Similar to loan programs, there are various types of grants and scholarships that students may receive, according to select criteria, eligibility and need. To learn more, please select one of the following grants or scholarship links:

Please contact our office if you are a transfer student to JMU, received VGAP at your prior institution, and would like to be considered for VGAP at JMU.

Virginia Tuition Waivers

Loan Types

At James Madison University, there are various types of loan programs that students and/or parents may partipate in, according to their eligibility and need. To learn more, please select one of the following loan programs:

Students interested in creating an account to track their Direct Loans can do so at https://studentloans.gov. New borrowers will also need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling at a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note at this site.

Additionally, all students interested in viewing their entire federal loan history, can now accomplish this task online via NSLDS. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. It receives data from schools, the Pell Grant program, and other U.S. Department of Education programs. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and Pell grants that are tracked through their entire cycle; from aid approval through closure.

Federal Work Study

Employment opportunities may exist for eligible students. To learn more about the Federal Work Study Program please visit their web site at the following URL: http://www.jmu.edu/stuemploy/Workstudy.shtml