Financial Aid News
- Spring Financial Aid Newsletter covers many important topics, including the FAFSA priority filing date of March 1, summer financial aid, exit loan counseling requirements for May graduates, satisfactory progress requirements, 2013-14 financial aid awards, scholarships for 2013-14 and much more.
- IMPORTANT: The 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available. Apply now to ensure that the Department of Education processes your FAFSA by March 1st, our priority deadline. If necessary, you may estimate your income and make corrections later.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships has joined Facebook! For information regarding important updates and deadlines, please join the JMU Financial Aid page
- The process of e-mailing 2013-14 official award notices to students will begin in late June. Instructions on how to accept your financial aid are found at Self Service. Parent PLUS loan borrowers please click here for instructions.
- The process of sending electronic Official Financial Aid Award Notices to all JMU students generally begins around the middle of June. Students, first time and upperclassmen, will continue accepting financial aid award offers throughout the summer.
- In order to receive financial aid, you must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress(SAP). You can review the requirements to ensure your eligibility to receive financial aid at JMU.
Warren Hall, 3rd floor
170 Bluestone Dr., MSC 3519
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
FAFSA School Code: 003721
Priority FAFSA Filing Date: March 1st
(Must be able to confirm receipt by the federal
government by the above date)
Effective July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013
(This rate applies to the 2012-13 loans)
Undergraduate Direct Loan Interest Rate
Unsubsidized Direct 6.8%
Subsidized Direct 3.4%
Graduate Subsidized Direct Loan 6.8%
Graduate Unsubsidized Direct Loan 6.8%
Graduate PLUS Direct Loan 7.9%
PLUS Direct Loan Interest Rate 7.9%
*Fixed Interest Rates