Financial Aid News
- Winter Financial Aid Newsletter covers many important topics, including loan repayment, scholarships for 2014-15, enrollment changes and your financial aid eligibility, the FAFSA priority filing date of March 1, financial literacy topics, satisfactory progress requirements and much more.
- Friendly reminder: Federal loans for the fall term only must be certified by the last day of the fall term (December 13th). This means that students must accept their loans in MyMadison by 5:00pm on December 12th to allow time for processing. Parent and Graduate PLUS loan applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on December 11th to allow time for processing. We will do our best to process any applications or accepted loans received up to 5:00pm on the 13th; however, we cannot guarantee that requests submitted on the 13th will be received in time to be processed. This is the reason for the December 11th and 12th deadlines.
- The process of e-mailing 2013-14 official award notices to students began in late June. Students, first time and upperclassmen, will continue accepting financial aid award offers throughout the summer. Instructions on how to accept your financial aid are found at Self Service. Parent PLUS loan borrowers please click here for instructions.
- IMPORTANT: The 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available. Apply now to ensure that the Department of Education processes your FAFSA by March 1st, our priority deadline. If necessary, you may estimate your income and make corrections later.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships has joined Facebook! For information regarding important updates and deadlines, please join the JMU Financial Aid page
- In order to receive financial aid, you must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress(SAP). You can review the requirements to ensure your eligibility to receive financial aid at JMU.
Warren Hall, 3rd floor
170 Bluestone Dr., MSC 3519
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
FAFSA School Code: 003721
Priority FAFSA Filing Date: March 1st
(Must be able to confirm receipt by the federal
government by the above date)
Effective July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
(This rate applies to the 2013-14 loans)
Undergraduate Direct Loan Interest Rate
Subsidized Direct 3.86%
Unsubsidized Direct 3.86%
Graduate Unsubsidized Direct Loan 5.41%
Graduate PLUS Direct Loan 6.41%
PLUS Direct Loan Interest Rate 6.41%
All interest rates listed are fixed throughout the life of the loan.