Educational Foundations and Exceptionalities (EFEX)
We are committed to the preparation of educators and others who teach and serve individuals with exceptionalities, and their families in a diverse society.
We recognize and support the professional development of our students as a life-long endeavor and our programs are designed to develop and enhance each student's personal and professional growth as an effective, reflective and resilient educator.
If special education is something that you are interested in but you're not sure which program would work best for you, we offer many options for different types of prospective students.
Our special education programs offer coursework options at the Graduate and Undergraduate levels for individuals interested in pursuing licensure in either Early Childhood SPED (0-5 yrs) or K-12, students with disabilities accessing the general curriculum.
In addition to our licensure programs, options exist for persons interested in learning more about individuals with disabilities and their educational needs. We also offer Undergraduate level coursework to students interested in working with individuals with disabilities but not seeking teacher licensure.
The EFEX department prepares responsive education professionals to promote learning and equal access for each individual in a complex and dynamic society through authentic and rigorous experiences.
- Evidence-Based Practices
- Passionate Advocates
- Promotion of Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
Professional Activity Award Program
Bronze, Silver & Gold Levels
- Any student in an Exceptional Education teaching program
- To recognize professional leadership
- To broaden your professional experiences
- To develop independent professional responsibility
- Complete required number of activities at desired level
- Activities must be beyond course requirements
Click here to open the Professional Development Form and complete the form
(1 activity per form). Email completed form to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and TYPE "Professional Activity" in the SUBJECT line.
Summer 2015 ETMC Faculty/Staff Workshops
The ETMC is offering a variety of summer workshops for 2015. There will be scheduled group sessions and/or persons can request individual or ... Read More >
Find out about May 2015 Undergraduate Ceremonies for the College of Education and University Studies ... Read More >
Apply to become a TEACH Ambassador
Get experience in public relations, develop professional and personal relationships, and acquire skills and confidence that will help you be ... Read More >
2015-2016 Coe Scholarships
Scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year are now available for students in teacher education programs! The DEADLINE is 4:00 pm Friday, ... Read More >
- Feb 22: - Sep 18: North Korean Refugee Youth Art Exhibition
- Mar 9: - May 6: Block 4 Student Teaching 03/09/15 - 05/06/15
- May 7: Graduate School Ceremony
- May 8: 2015 University Ceremony
- May 9: College of Education and University Studies Ceremony
- May 16: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Jun 20: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Jul 25: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Aug 15: Computer-Based Praxis Test