Meal Plan Terms and Conditions
RESIDENT STUDENT INFORMATION: A resident meal plan is mandatory for all students living on campus. Students living in the Apartments on Grace are required to have a resident or a commuter meal plan.
CONTRACT DURATIONS: The duration of this meal plan shall be for the period stated on the application and on the JMU Residential Contract.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student at JMU may purchase university meal plans. The contract is binding only after the customer has been admitted and enrolled, and payment has been received or the charge has been placed on the student's official university bill.
CONTRACT CONCELLATION OR ADJUSTMENT: This contract may not be cancelled or adjusted, except for the following reasons:
- Official separation of the customer from the university.
- Participation by the customer in student teaching mandated by academic affairs.
- Extreme and unforeseen hardships such as hospitalization.
- Uniformed services such as the Armed Forces, including service by a member of the National Guard or Reserve called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days.
- Absence for more than 14 days. Arrangements for refunds under this clause must be made with JMU Dining Services prior to the absence.
CHANGE OF MEAL PLAN OPTION: Participants in both resident and commuter meal plans may change from one qualifying meal plan to another during specific times stated each semester. A $10 service charge will be assessed with changing a meal plan. When upgrading to a more expensive meal plan option, the customer will be required to pay additional prorated charge to cover the difference in meal plan costs. When downsizing to another meal plan, any difference in cost will be placed into a non-refundable Dining Dollars account for both resident and commuter students. Balances remaining in this account at the conclusion of the fall semester will be carried over to the spring semester. At the conclusion of the spring semester, unused balances will be forfeited.
INCAPACITY OF THE UNIVERSITY: Should the university become unable to provide meals specified, then the customer agrees to accept a prorated refund.
ENTITLEMENT OF SERVICES: Only the customer named is entitled to services extended under the meal plan options, and may not transfer services without prior consent of the director of JMU Dining Services.