Information Sessions and Tables
How do they work?
Information sessions are typically held the evening prior to an employer's first interview day and provide employers with an opportunity to meet with students in a less formal environment prior to the interview. Hosting an information session is a good option because:
- It serves as an efficient way to communicate any relevant info that you wish students to know because it is done in a group setting.
- By communicating important company information prior to the interview, it allows more time for you to get to know your candidates during the actual interview.
An information table can be set up at various high traffic locations across campus. This offers you the opportunity to get the word out to students about your organization’s available positions and culture.
The key to success in hosting information sessions or tables is to advertise your session to students prior to your arrival on campus. If you are conducting on campus interviews, please email the students that you have selected to interview to inform them of your information session.
How do I set up an Information Session or Table?
- Log into Recruit-A-Duke.
- Click on the Career Fairs & Information Sessions tab (next, click on the Information Sessions tab located further down the screen).
- Fill out the form to make a reservation online (all rooms are equipped with computer setup and projection screen).
- At this point, a member of our staff will make arrangements to secure a location based on information submitted on your reservation request and provide you with details as soon as your confirmation is received concerning space reservation on campus from our Events and Conferences office.
- Please use the campus map to locate the facility in which your information session will be held.
- If you wish to place an order to have food available at your information session, please contact Special Events at (540) 568-6637.
- You will be greeted by one of our student assistants or an Events and Conferences staff member who will assist with any logistics in setting up your event and provide you with a parking pass.
- Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles parked on campus to avoid parking citations.
- Please arrive only thirty minutes prior to the beginning of your session as this will be when the student assistant will be available to unlock the facility, if needed.
- For information table parking, please pick up a parking pass for your visit to campus from the front desk in Sonner Hall.
Interested in participating and want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.