Registering for Management Courses
Do you have Management courses on your ADP Program Plan?
Beginning with the Fall 2008 semester, new guidelines are in place for all Adult Degree Program students who have Management classes included in the academic program plan. This includes students who may have identified only one or two Management classes on their program plan.
In order to make the registration process less stressful for you and for the faculty and staff in the Management Department, you will need to notify Anne McGuigan the semester BEFORE you wish to register for the class. This advance notice will allow the Management department to plan for ADP student registration in the popular Management classes and assign overrides to you. These overrides make it possible for you to register for the classes even though you are not a declared Management major. Our goal is to not only ease your frustration in getting the classes you want but to also eliminate last-minute class substitutions that may change the focus of your concentration.
These are the steps to follow:
- Email your name, phone number, email address, student ID number, and the course name(s) and number(s) of the class(es) you wish to take to Anne McGuigan at email@example.com. Phone calls, letters, and in-person requests will not be accepted.
- Your requests must be received by the following deadlines:
At this time, this policy does not apply to Summer session classes. If that changes, we will notify you.
- For Fall semester classes March 1
- For Spring semester classes October 15
Ms. McGuigan will input overrides into the appropriate class(es) for you and send you the information you need in order to register.
- You MUST register for these classes yourself on eCampus during your registration appointment. Ms. McGuigan can input an override for you, but that will only "hold a seat" for you. It does not register you for the class.
- Your override expires with your registration appointment. The seat set aside for you will not be held beyond your registration appointment.
- The Management Department will make every effort to accommodate your requests as long as you follow the above guidelines. Students who do not give the appropriate advance notice will have to wait until the following semester to register for classes.
- As with any new policy, there may well be some glitches these first couple of semesters. Any changes that both the Management Department and ADP feel are necessary will be announced on the website (www.jmu.edu/adultdegree) and you will be notified vie email. If you have any questions, please call the ADP office at 540-568-6824.