Applying to the Adult Degree Program
The Adult Degree Program is for students over 23 who are returning to college to complete their bachelor's degrees.
To be eligible for the program, a prospective student must
- be 23 years of age or older
- have 30 or more transferable college credits
- have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better
Applying for admission to the Adult Degree Program is a three-step process:
- Have transcripts from all two- and four-year colleges you have attended sent to the Adult Degree Program, James Madison University, MSC 6913, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Once the ADP office has received all of your transcripts, they will be forwarded to the Registrar's office for transfer credit evaluation.
- The Learning Services Coordinator will contact you with the results. If you have 30 or more credits, you will be given instructions on how to apply to the University. All ADP applications are now done online. Admissions officers let the Learning Services Coordinator know who has applied online and ask for approval to admit the student. If you have not sent transcripts for transfer credit evaluation, approval for admission will not be given. If you have less than the required 30 credits, the Learning Services Coordinator will discuss options with you and help you select an action plan that best fits your goals and schedule.
- After your admissions application has been approved and processed, you will receive an acceptance email from the ADP office and an invoice for the required $250 tuition deposit. After your deposit is paid, you will be able to create your JMU user account and register for courses.
For additional information, contact Pamela Hamilton, Learning Services Coordinator at 540-568-6824 or by email at email@example.com.