(revised May 2014)
The Social Work Program prepares generalist Social Workers committed to strengthening community life for diverse individuals, families and organizations and promoting social justice through advocacy and action.
The Department of Social Work is committed to the following:
- Preparing students to work effectively in a broad spectrum of social service agencies by providing an environment geared to addressing poverty, multiple forms of oppression, social injustice, and other human rights violations.
- Preparing students for advanced academic study by providing an environment geared toward achieving academic excellence.
- Advancing excellence and integrity through the development of high quality academic programs as well as contributions to professional knowledge and service.
- Responding to the profession and the university’s service region by providing supportive services and continuing education opportunities.
- Check Out the Slide Show from NASW Advocacy Day
- Summer Hours
May 6 - August 16
Mon-Thurs 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12 noon