(revised August 2008)
The Social Work Program prepares generalist Social Workers committed to strengthening community life for diverse individuals, families and organizations and promoting social justice through advocacy and action.
The Department of Social Work is committed to the following:
- Preparing students to work effectively in a broad spectrum of social service agencies by providing an environment geared to addressing poverty, multiple forms of oppression, social injustice, and other human rights violations.
- Preparing students for advanced academic study by providing an environment geared toward achieving academic excellence.
- Being recognized by our students, graduates, field agencies, and the professional community for excellence and integrity in academic programs, advancement of professional knowledge and professional service.
- Being responsive and oriented to the professional, local community and university’s service region by providing supportive services and continuing education opportunities.
- Check Out the Slide Show from NASW Advocacy Day
- Monday, August 31
Fall Semester Begins
- November 23 - 27
Thanksgiving break – no classes held
- December 14 - 18
- Saturday, December 19
- Interested in the Nonprofit Studies Minor?
Spring 2015 information session announced
- Interested in the Family Studies Minor?
Spring 2015 information sessions announced