(revised August 2008)
The Social Work Program prepares generalist Social Workers committed to strengthening community life for diverse individuals, families and organizations and promoting social justice through advocacy and action.
The Department of Social Work is committed to the following:
- Preparing students to work effectively in a broad spectrum of social service agencies by providing an environment geared to addressing poverty, multiple forms of oppression, social injustice, and other human rights violations.
- Preparing students for advanced academic study by providing an environment geared toward achieving academic excellence.
- Being recognized by our students, graduates, field agencies, and the professional community for excellence and integrity in academic programs, advancement of professional knowledge and professional service.
- Being responsive and oriented to the professional, local community and university’s service region by providing supportive services and continuing education opportunities.
- May 12 – August 15
JMU Summer Hours
Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- Interested in the Social Work Major?
Spring 2015 information sessions announced
- Interested in the Family Studies Minor?
Fall 2014 information sessions announced