SAUP Program Review: Committee Member Checklist
Program reviews in Student Affairs & University Planning consist of two phases. The first phase, covering approximately 90-100 days, includes the unit self-study, which results in a final report (the self-study binder). The second phase is the committee process, covering approximately 90 days.
A committee member may be invited to serve based on several qualifications:
- Knowledge/expertise related to the department's work
- Experience as a department constituent
- A particular area of research expertise
- The willingness/ability to offer helpful feedback to improve department performance.
Expectations of committee members during this phase include:
- Read the self-study binder carefully
- Serve as sub-committee chair or sub-committee member
- Attend committee and subcommittee meetings
- Participate in research
- Assist in the writing of the sub-committee report for submission to the committee chairs along with the raw data
- Using professional experience, understanding, and the results of the sub-committee's research, provide input into the drafting of the initial report (executive summary, findings, recommendations)
- Provide input into the completion of the final report