University Hearing Officer
The University Hearing Officer shall be a faculty or staff member appointed by the Office of Judicial Affairs for appropriate cases.
- The University Hearing Officer shall be empowered to hear cases involving major, minor or flexible violations under the following circumstances:
- Rejections of Administrative Option hearings occurring during the last three weeks of any regular semester or during summer school session.
- Interim suspension cases involving emergency situations.
- Judicial decisions made by the University Hearing Officer during the last three weeks of the semester may be appealed to a second University Hearing Officer.
- Judicial decisions made by the University Hearing Officer regarding emergency situations (interim suspensions) may be appealed to an Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and University Planning.