Survivor Resource Map
A sexual assault has been reported to a JMU faculty, staff, or student. Options for survivor resources:
- Options for confidential health-related resources:
- University Health Center: Emergency contraception, medical examination/STI testing. Phone: (540)568-6178; Student Success Center, 1st and 2nd Floor - UHC’s The Well: Survivor advocacy, support, and prevention. Phone: (540)568-2831; Student Success Center, 1st Floor - Counseling Center: Sexual Trauma Empowerment Program, counseling, and consultation. Phone: (540)568-6552; Student Success Center, 3rd Floor - Campus Assault ResponsE: Student-run 24/7 helpline. Phone: (540)568-6411
- Options for non-confidential campus and criminal resources:
- JMU Police: On-campus assault. Phone: (540)568-6911; Anthony Seeger Hall. Clery Officer: Lisa Carickhoff
- Office of Student Accountability and Restorative Practices: The accused party must be a current JMU student. Phone: (540)568-6218; Student Success Center, 2nd Floor
- Office of Equal Opportunity/Title IX: Accommodations may include a no-contact order, class changes, and/or room changes. Website: jmu.edu/titleIX
- Resources outside of JMU:
- Harrisonburg Police for off-campus assault: Call 911.
- Collins Center & Child Advocacy Center: Off-campus crisis counseling, support, and advocacy. Phone: (540)432-6430; 217 South Liberty St. #205 Harrisonburg, VA; Website: thecollinscenter.org
- Sentara RMH Emergency Department: Within 72 hours of the assault, a Physical Evidence Recovery Kit (PERK) can be performed – the following people will be called: Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE Nurse), police department investigator from where the assault occurred, and an advocate from the Collins Center.
- Anonymous Reporting:
- Silent Witness: Website: jmu.edu/pubsafety/SilentWitness