ACCEPTING AID ON MYMADISON
FALL 2013 AND SPRING 2014
If you are accepting aid for Fall 2013 or Spring 2014, please follow the instructions below (Note: Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 awards will not be available to accept until mid-June).
- Go to https://mymadison.jmu.edu
- Enter E-ID and password
- Under “Student,” “Student Center,” “Finances,” click “Accept/Decline Financial Aid”
- Click on the appropriate aid year
- Click in the “Accept” box for the Direct Loan (the Direct Loan is the only loan that can be accepted in MyMadison). If you were offered a Perkins Loan, please click on the words “Perkins Loan” and follow the instructions given.
- After clicking “Accept” you may reduce your loan to your desired amount. Please keep in mind that Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans have a net origination fee of 1.051% meaning the actual amount disbursing to your account will be 1.051% less than the amount you accept in MyMadison.
- Hit the “Submit” button
- After you “Submit” another window will pop up directing you to www.jmu.edu/finaid/selfservice.shtml as you may need to fill out additional forms to complete the Direct Loan acceptance process (i.e., Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling). You are not finished accepting your loans until you have followed the applicable self service instructions.
Note: ONLY a parent can accept a Parent PLUS Direct Loan. Parents will need to go to www.jmu.edu/finaid/awardmessages.shtml to complete that process.