Do you know the correct
way to address an envelope or a package? Here are some tips:
- Put the address
in the center.
- The name of the
person to whom you are sending the letter goes on the first line.
- Their street address
goes on the second line.
- The city or town,
state, and zip code go on the third line.
- Be sure to print
- Put your name and
address in the top left corner. This is the return address.
- Don't forget the
Mail the letter at
your local post office or put it in a mailbox.
States Postal Service mailboxes can be found on many streets.
To send mail to other countries, keep these tips in mind:
· The full
address should be typed or printed clearly in English on one side of the
· An address in a foreign language is permitted if the names of
the city, province, and country are also indicated in English.
· The last line of the address must include only the complete country
name (no abbreviations) written in uppercase letters. Example: MEXICO
· Foreign postal codes (numeric or alpha), if used, should be placed
on the line above the destination country. Some countries prefer that
the postal code follow the name, while others prefer that it precede the
city or town name.
· Put your address in the top left corner - and include the zip
code and USA
· If you have any questions, ask at the post office.
The United States
Post Office offers several mailing services:
· Certified mail
· Priority mail
· Express mail
· Air mail· Registered mail
· First class
· Parcel post