Justin J. Henriques, Ph.D.
- Office: HHS 2109
- Phone: 540-568-7622
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
801 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia in 2011
- M.U.E.P. Master of Urban & Environmental Planning from the School of Architecture at the University of Virginia in 2011
- M.S. in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia in 2008
- B.S. in Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT) from James Madison University in 2005
- B.A. in Philosophy from James Madison University in 2005
Dr. Henriques joined the JMU Department of Engineering in 2012. Prior to joining the faculty of engineering, Dr. Henriques was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oxford (UK) at the Environmental Change Institute, where he worked on a project developing methods for the long-term planning and evaluation of infrastructure as complex, interdependent, socio-technical systems.
For his graduate research at the University of Virginia, Dr. Henriques developed tools for the analysis, design, and implementation of sustainable water and energy infrastructure in low-resource communities in developing countries. While a graduate student, he was awarded a National Science Foundation graduate research fellowship and was a fellow in the University of Virginia's Interdisciplinary Water Resources and Contaminant Hydrology Program.
Dr. Henriques is the executive director of LOTI, an international aid organization that develops and implements sustainable technologies in developing countries. He founded the organization with a fellow JMU alum while they were students. Through programs he started at LOTI, he directed student design and research teams to develop and implement appropriate technologies.
Specializations and Research Interests
Infrastructure systems; Distributed and renewable energy and water technology for developing communities; Appropriate technology
- May 12 - August 15
JMU Summer Hours Begin
Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - Noon