Steven Harper, Ph.D.
- Office: HHS 2108
- Phone: 540-568-5848
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
801 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Ph.D –University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana – Systems and Entrepreneurial Engineering, 2006
- M.S. – University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana – Business Administration, 2003
- M.A. – Naval War College – National Security and Strategic Studies, 1994
- M.E. – University of Virginia – Electrical Engineering, 1988
- U.S. Naval Submarine School and Nuclear Propulsion Program, 1982
- B.S. – University of California, Berkeley – Engineering Physics, 1981
Previously, was a Division Officer, a Department Head, and an Executive Officer on nuclear submarines in the U.S. Navy, a Naval Material Professional, a Certified Department of Defense Systems Engineer and Program Manager, an Assistant Professor of Naval Science at the University of Virginia, and a Post-doctoral Research Associate at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications.
Primary research areas are management of technology, innovation, knowledge management and decision analysis.
Co-Principle Investigator NSF Award 0933948: IEECI Exploratory Grant: Integrating Developmental Instruction in Sustainability Contexts into an Undergraduate Engineering Design Curriculum.
- Open: Engineering Faculty Position
- January 28
Steve Gaffney, JMU alum and nationally recognized speaker presents, "Honest Communication: Learn how to become a leader in your career.”
- February 9
Faraday Lecture Series: Dr. Michael Littman presents, “The value of historical re-creation in understanding how we know and what we know.”
- March 9-13
- April 18
Engineering students present a year of good through innovation, research, and design
ISAT/CS and HHS Buildings